The following workshop is being conducted by Communication Resource Centre – I have no connection with it – but it looks great!
This workshop will provide:
• the concept of armchair travel
• the role of the senses and the impact of sensory processing disorders on the ability to participate in everyday activities
• sensory assessments
• Armchair travel resources
and strategies for
• enhancing sensory performance
• formatting armchair travel experiences
• developing other sensory-focused activities
The practical component of this workshop provides you with the opportunity to develop an armchair travel experience for someone you support.
An interest in developing individualised supports to engage people with PIMD in activities in ways that are meaningful to them.
Direct support staff, teachers and others who support people with PIMD.
Date: Monday – March 29th 2010
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Venue: Whitehorse Library – Meeting room 1
Cost: $187.00 (Includes GST)
To register for this workshop you will need to complete an application form. See attachment
OR Telephone 03 9843 2000 OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication Resource Centre, Scope, 830 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill 3128